Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 1: TEN things you want to say to ten different people right now

In no particular order...

10. I love and admire you. I consider myself extremely lucky to have you in my family. You're one of the few positive male role models I've had in my life. I don't want you to be in pain. I want you to know that things will be ok if you let go. It's selfish of us to want you to hold on and stay when you're so uncomfortable.

9. I can't believe how much you've changed. It hasn't been for the better. I expected you to do great things, but now, I'm kind of disappointed that you're throwing so much away.

8. I love you. I can't picture my life without you. I've invested so much in us and wouldn't have it any other way. I am a better person because of you. I wish you would propose already so I could quit living in limbo.

7. I really wanted our friendship to work, but you kind of suck. And I regret wasting so much energy on you.

6. You surprise me. I honestly didn't think you'd turn out this way. I'm proud of you and I envy you. I wish I had lived as extremely as you. I think I missed out.

5. You've hurt me so bad and psychologically screwed me up more than you could ever fathom. You betrayed me. I'm totally disillusioned. Because of you, I can't drink, I'm uncomfortable in social situations, I feel awkward around "friends," I can't remember the last time I genuinely had fun and I've developed serious personal issues. Your actions brought all kinds of old baggage to the surface. I hope what you did plagues your conscience for all eternity. You'll never understand.

4. You inspire and intimidate me. I wish I could be half of what you are. I wish I could have your motivation, discipline and prowess. I envy you more than you'll ever know.

3. I expected so much more of you. I don't know how you got so far off track. You could have been something amazing... and who knows, maybe you'll surprise me. Either way, I love you and I always will.

2. I hate you. But I know you're a miserable person who has no positive legacy whatsoever and that was your choice. I know I'm awesome, no thanks to you. You missed out. Your loss.... But money would be nice...

1. You are the most amazing person I have ever known. You made me who I am today. You'll never grow up. I'll always be the adult. That's ok. I can't change you and frankly, don't want to. I value your imperfections, your humanity. I am lucky to know you.


... that was harder than I thought!!


No comments:

Post a Comment