While I've come to love my skin and essentially appreciate what I have to work with physically, I am still far from perfect. I don't think people show or talk about their flaws/differences enough- especially in the beauty/cosmetic world.
A few of my major skin issues:
- Eczema (really uncomfortable, dry, itchy, red, rash-like bumps that appear periodically in patches)
- Redness (thanks to my western European heritage and lack of melanin)
- Broken capillaries (at least I think that's what the red dots are...)
- Fine lines (started to notice them around my eyes lately & wrinkles on my forehead for a couple years because I have an expressive face & raise my eyebrows too much)
- Dark under eye circles (not terrible, but there)
- Thin skin (so many of my veins are visible, I could be a vascular anatomy model)
- Freckles & moles (if I wear full-coverage foundation, I look like I'm wearing a mask)
- Acne (I have combination skin and combination acne, but it's not too bad- blackheads on my nose & chin that I can't ever get rid of, and the occasional white head)
- Callouses (I was a dancer for 15+ years, ran around barefoot a lot as a child, developed a writer's callous, etc.- so pedicures & manicures are usually a waste on me)
- My acne is very mild
- My eczema is controlled most of the time so most people don't notice
- Scars (I have a lot of scars from childhood tomboy-related injuries, surgeries, acne, etc., but most aren't keloids and remind me of some particular moment in time, so I wear them with pride)
- Freckles (they make me different and I'm all for individuality... plus in moments of pure boredom, I can try to find constellations among the dots!)
- Thin skin (anytime I need to have blood taken, they never have trouble finding a vein!)
- Callouses (I've worked to get these and they ensure I don't get blisters in those spots)
- My skin is sensitive, but I rarely have severe allergic reactions to cosmetic products/scents/soaps, etc.
EMBRACE YOUR DIFFERENCES!